Yard Waste Recycling
The Town of Minden is proud to offer a free Yard Waste collection service. If you would like to participate, there are a few things you need to know.
- Participation is not mandatory nor will it increase your trash bill. Containers specifically for yard waste will be provided free of charge to each customer who elects to participate. Please call the office at 782-5976 to request a container.
- Please place only acceptable yard waste in the brown container. This includes lawn clippings, weeds, leaves, and garden waste. Please do not use plastic bags for yard waste.
- Yard waste will be collected from March through November on Thursdays. If a holiday falls on a Thursday, yard waste will be picked up on Friday. There will be no yard waste collection on the week of Thanksgiving.
- Unacceptable items include rocks, dirt, concrete, wood, branches, sod, household trash, paper, plastic, glass, aluminum, tin, and any other material not listed as acceptable. These materials will be picked up on your regular trash day. If trash is placed in your yard waste can, your can will not be emptied.
- Yard waste containers are brown and marked "Town of Minden Green Waste Only" on the lid. These cans are to be used for disposal of yard waste only and will only be dumped on Thursday.
- If your trash is normally collected in the alley and you wish to participate in the yard waste program, you will need to place your yard waste container in the street in front of your house or at the end of the alley. Our truck will not pick up yard waste cans in alley.