The Town of Minden was formed from the vision of D.H. Dangberg back in 1905, and we still actively work to maintain that vision of a safe and prosperous community for all our residents, businesses, and visitors - now and for generations to come.
Mission StatementThe Town of Minden is and will remain, within the limitations of its operating revenues, a municipality whose guiding principle is excellence. The Town prides itself on:
- Maintaining a state of the art water system; properly designed and regularly maintained streets.
- Professionally monitored drainage in all areas of new development.
- Refuse disposal utilizing technologically advanced receptacles and trash disposal trucks.
- Adequate street lighting taking into consideration the sensitivities of residents to brightness of night-lighted areas.
- The only non-school public facility in Douglas County capable of presenting a full theatrical production.
- The best parks and recreational facilities in the County, encouraging regular use.
- A quaint picturesque, historical business district; extremely friendly merchants.
- An unusually effective, continuing dialogue between business and development interests, on the one hand, and agricultural interests on the other.
- A remarkable wetlands area containing several migratory and indigenous bird rookeries.
- The most committed diligent, educated, helpful Town staff in the State where customer service is a top priority.